Use your time Wisely –Organize. Make your own voice heard. Speak for those who can’t,the animals,the ocean,the earth,the air,the next generation. Speak because you have to. Because you can no longer be silent. Speak in any way you can,but silence is worse. Silence means they win and we’ll never get our lives back again. We will never be made “whole”again,just like the ocean floor.
This is the group to ther Follow Up event on the Worldwide BP Protest Day –12 June 2010!
Our new global date is JULY 10!
Long Beach,Ms –USA
Los Angeles,CA –USA
New York City –NY –USA
San Marcos,Texas –USA
The greatest environmental catastrophe of mankind started on April 20,2010. The world will not be the same for decades…if ever. People have lost their lives,their jobs,their beautiful beaches.
All we hear are excues,blaming,using ther “the little men”argument to tear us appart.
This group is a platform to organize people worldwide who are outraged by the irresponsible and manipulative behaviour of BP and do not just want to sit and wait but to get started!
We aim to pressure BP to stop hiding the disaster and put their efforts on stopping it instead.
We aim to pressure the US government to use all efforts to enforce BPs responsibility for the damage they caused. Although we are all aware,that no money can account for the hundreds and thousands of animals and sealife that have been killed.
How can YOU get involved:
There are many ways to impact:
1) Look if there is an action location nearby you
- if YES,please join the event,spread the word and invite friends,bring signs and anything else to attract attention
- if NO,consider becoming local starter of protest in your city. To start,we just need the city,state and country and start time. Actual location can be added when determined. You will then be the lead for your local action. This group will promote the protest with you and you can spread the word everywhere and invite all your contacts.
2) Spread the word about the group and local events on Facebook and the rest of the www. Post the link on relevant pages. You can also create a youtube video promoting June 12 etc etc
3) Spread the word about June 12 and the group with your local and national media and NGOs like Greenpeace ,WWF etc –this way protests will attract even more attention
4) Create pictures or flyers that can be used in the protests and share them on the website so everyone can print and use them
5) Anything else that comes to your mind!
Post your ideas to inspire us!
So,many ways to get started:) If you like to start action let me know –I will post the event !